....my life as a missionary

     So this post about my life as a missionary, if you had forgotten that I was an 'closest case' since nobody knew I was a person who was openly gay when I served a mission. At the time I served I had not even thought that I was gay, even though I was in love with men. (i dont have relatinship beside being a friend to them)
     As a Mormon, its encouraged to go on a mission. The age in which you can be able to serve is 19-26. Most Mormon mission leave when they are about 19 yrs old, but I was late in getting my paperwork done (which I will explain later in another post). I was 21 when I served, which make me seem old against the missionaries, but I was truly grateful for going so late.
     I was called to serve in washinton state (i wont menation the city in which I was called to) for 2006 to 2008. When a young men or women are called the spend some time getting trained in on how preach the gospel and sometime even learn a language if the are to speak another than english. The go to what we call the 'M.T.C' which stand for Missionary Training Center. These center help furture missionaries learn, teach and even another language if in another langauge. The time spent here depend on the language they need to speak, for me I spent just three weeks there. It was a wonderful experiance I had there. And then I was to washington state.
     In the missionary field (where one person is call to serve) I was quite excited to be where I was. How a mission works is that an area is made of 'zones. (boundries) and within these zone are 'area'. In the church these boundes are set by stakes and wards. The stake are the 'zones and  the wards are the 'areas'. Im saying this from my point of my mission. The chruch my have a changed it or the mission presidents can change how the mission is set up. (i will explain what the mission president does)
      When I got to the city, in which I was called to I meet the mission president and his wife. The mission president is in charge if the missionary work in which he over see, the mission president wife help her husband and most is kind of the motherly support on mission. We had lunch and meet with the mission president one-on-one for a few mintues. 
....wow i did not know it take alot to explain a mission.....i wish finish this post later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I HATE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

A Lone Gay Mormon

An Impossible Dream